Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My winter essentials


Today I am sharing my winter essentials with you guys. This might be different to what some of your winter essentials depending on how cold it is where you live. It has been anything from -5 to -15*C (23 to 5F) here recently so keeping warm has been the biggest concern. And without further ado, here are my winter essentials:

My skin gets really dry when it's cold, so moisturizers are essential for me, especially during the winter. For my face I use Benefit's Total Moisture facial cream. It is very thick so it moisturizes well, and the packaging is just adorable! I use the Hand Food from Soap & Glory for my hands, which I'm sure you all now is really good by now. For body lotions I will pretty much use anything I have, but I've been loving the triple moisture body cream from Bath & Body Works lately. It moisturizes better than a lot of other body lotions I've tried. Here I have it in the scent Country Chic and Sweet cinnamon pumpkin. My favorite is the Dancing Waters one, but that one is at my parents house at the moment. 
These have been crucial to me surviving the cold weather. Neither of them are the most fashionable thing in the world, but they keep me SO warm and I love them. The UGGs are in the style Classic Tall and I feel like I'm wearing slippers outside when I wear them. The jacket is from Bergans and is the warmest jacket I have ever tried. I don't think I've ever been cold while wearing it. 

 Hats and scarves have also been frequently used this winter. The left hat it from Abercrombie & Fitch, the right one was a gift and the headband is from H&M. The green scarf is also from H&M, the brown one is from Bianco and the beige one with tiny hearts on it was a gift. The green and the brown scarves are infinity scarves, and the beige one is just a regular rectangular scarf. 

I might have gone a little candle crazy these past couple of months... But I just love burning candles on dark winter evenings, and these ones from Bath & Body Works makes our whole apartment smell really good and cosy as well. They are called Vanilla Snowflake, Leaves and Twisted Peppermint. I might actually do another post on my favorite candles sometime if that's something you guys would like to see :)

 
Going a long with dark winter nights, a nice pair of pajama bottoms, some cosy slippers and a warm sweater-type-thing is really good to have. The pajama bottoms are from Abercrombie a couple of years ago, the slippers are from H&M and the jacket is from Mango, also a couple of years ago. 

One if the things I love most about winter is cuddling up on the sofa with a blanket, a hot cup of tea and a good book. I am currently reading Matched, and I'm really liking it so far. My favorite tea at the moment is from London fruit & herb company and is in the flavor Orange Spicer. It is pretty much my favorite tea ever. I am kind of particular with the teas I drink, but if you have any recommendations I would love it if you would leave them in the comments below. 

So thats it, I think. Let me know what your winter essentials are, and if I forgot something that you think I should have mentioned, leave a comment below and tell me! :) 

20 comments:

  1. I love those Bath and Body Works Candles!! Great Post :) I will subscribe!
    xo
    Courtney
    http://acosmeticcourtship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Abercrombie and Fitch hat...it looks so warm and snug! Great choices:)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and it's amazing! Also, we share a blog name (kind've) :) I totally agree about UGGS they are so comfy and warm!! Also, the picture quality is beautiful. What camera do you use?

    xo, Natalie
    nataliekslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comment really made me smile :) I use the Canon EOS 600D (rebel t3i), and I really like it! xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for following my blog, I love yours and I love this post so I'm following you too. I really like your selection of winter essentials, it has been extremely cold I feel like I need to invest in my winter wardrobe some more!! XX


    Tia
    xx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the way you put the items in the snow! So clever. I subbed and would love it if you checked out my blog too. I look forward to more of your posts.

    Check out my beauty channel and blog!!
    http://www.youtube.com/Historybeauty

    http://historybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check out your site! xx

      Delete
  6. Ah! Siri, I love your site! Definitely subbing. :)

    Love,
    Megan

    www.meganandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly can't get over how stunning your pictures are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you we be best friends? hahaah we have the same taste in almost everything! i LOVE divergent (it was even my favorite fiction book for january) and have read matched, we have the same taste in bath and body scents (i have a twisted peppermint wallflower, a leaves candle, and i want to try the vanilla snowflake candle because it sounds so good! and i love country chic and sweet pumpkin cinnamon because they smell amazing,) i have fuzzy boots in the same color as yours, and your infinity scarves are so cute. and your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. and might i add that you're so pretty!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this is the sweetest comment ever! :) Sure, of course we can be best friends :) You are so nice! I'm at school right now, but I'll check out your blog more closely when I get home!
      xx, Siri

      Delete
  9. My hands have been so dry! I think I'm going to try Soap and Glory's hand food. :)
    Your blog is very pretty,

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! You should try it, it's really good! :) xx

      Delete
  10. My feet always get so cold in the winter, those slippers look perfect and super cosy! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete