Friday, January 25, 2013

What's in my shower!?

 I have seen a lot of these posts and videos around, and I always find it quite interesting to see what other people keep in their shower (maybe I'm weird like that?). So I thought that since I like to read posts like that, there might be someone else out there who likes them, so I might as well do one myself! 

The shelf-system that's hanging on the wall beside the actual shower system is from the brand VacLoc, and stays on the wall with four suction cups. It is really handy if you want to get some extra storage space in your shower!
A tiny bit of background on my hair: it is pretty dry and it breaks very easily so I try to keep it as moisturized and healthy as I can. 

I have a couple of different shampoos and conditioners in my shower because I like to switch it up a bit and some of them are also targeted to do different things for your hair. 

The first ones I have are the Soap & Glory Glad hair day shampoo and conditioner. These smell absolutely amazing! They are not the best shampoo and conditioner I have tried, but they are pretty good, and I love both the smell and the packaging! So cute and feminine. 

The next shampoo and conditioner I have are these moisture repair ones from MoroccanOil. I have had their hair mask for quite some time and really like it, so when I received these for Christmas I was really excited. I have only used them a couple of times, so I can't say much about their long term effect on my hair, but I really like them so far! They leave my hair super soft and it feels really moisturized and hydrated.

The last two shampoos I have are the Origins no deposit and Define pure shine. 
I've had the Define one for  a really long time and there's only a tiny bit left of it. I really really like it. It leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny and it also smells really good.  
The Origins shampoo is a clarifying shampoo for when there is a lot of product build-up in your hair or when you just want to clean it really thoroughly. I like it a lot! It smells really fresh and citrus-y, and my hair looks really good after I've used this.

 Finishing off with the last hair product I have in my shower, the MoroccanOil intense hydrating mask for dry and damaged hair. I've had this for over a year (I think) and it is an amazing hair treatment. I don't use it as often as I probably should, but when I do my hair feels so good afterwards. I like to use it after I've used the Origins shampoo because I feel like that shampoo makes my hair very clean and then the treatment will get deeper into my hair. Don't know if that actually works, but I like to think so.
I also sometimes use this when I'm taking long haul flights because the air on planes is usually very drying. I just put a little bit in my hair and braid it, and when I arrive at my destination I was it out and my hair feels super soft.

For my face I sometimes use the Neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. If I'm not having a lot of trouble with my skin I'll use one of the origins face cleansers, but I'm out of that at the moment. I really like the smell of this product, and it does the job of getting my face clean. 

 When I want to really exfoliate my skin I use this Seacret salt & oil scrub. It has minerals from the dead sea, and it makes my skin so soft and smooth. I don't know what else to say about this other than that I really like it! It also has a very pleasant smell, almost like you're in a spa.

This is another body scrub. This one's from the Sephora brand, and I'm actually not the biggest fan of this one. The exfoliating bit works fine, but it has a really sweet bubble gum smell to it that I don't really care too much for. It's still ok, but not my favorite.

 For other body washes I have this shower gel (left) which is actually from IKEA. It smells really good and does the job, so I like it. I also have the Summer's Eve cleansing wash for days when I want to clean up a bit extra..

And last but not least, these are the "tools" I use in the shower. My Venus vibrance razor and a pink loofa. I didn't actually start using a loofa until fairly recently, but I really enjoy how it lathers up the shower gel, and I just feel a lot cleaner when I use it compared to when I don't.

So that's it! You now know all the things that I keep in my shower at this moment. I hope you found this somewhat interesting. Please tell me what your shower essentials are, I'm always looking for new products to try out! :)

13 comments:

  1. Love these posts. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to other people's bags/showers/etc. too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yeah, it's funny how it seems so interesting!

      Delete
  2. I love 'What's in my shower' posts/videos, because I'm soo curious :) Would love to do a post like this myself, but it would be pretty boring since I just use whatever my mum has bought. heh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I know what you mean! Before I moved out it would probably not have been very interesting at all showing what we kept in out shower!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love the post. i've been meaning to try the morracan oil products, i think i need to get it soon xx

    http://beautyseduction26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You should, they're really good (even though they can be kind of expensive)! xx

      Delete
  4. Fab post! I love the Soap&Glory shampoo&conditioner. Follow me back please x

    http://style-comes-from-within.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much good stuff about those shampoo's and conditioners, my friends swear by the stuff I should 100% purchase! I love your blog and I'm definitely going to become a regular reader!
    Followed :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your comment really made my day! :) Your should try them, I totally agree with your friend! xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh great post! Really enjoyed reading it so I might do one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you do one, I would love to se it :) xx

      Delete
  7. Found this extremely interesting (maybe I'm weird too).
    Will have to look out for these blogs!
    Love your page so far!

    Chloe
    x
    http://chloeridout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete